As an Amazon affiliate, and affiliate with different companies, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Carolina Harbor Waterpark in Charlotte is a part of the Carowinds Theme Park.
The water park celebrates the tradition of the Carolina coast with greater than 28 sights for households and thrill seekers. The 26 acre water park additionally gives resort-style facilities like luxurious cabanas and eating places providing Carolina delicacies.
The cabanas at Carowinds are positioned close to the wave swimming pools, and price further. They do embody six bottled waters, a mini fridge and a locked storage bin on your comfort.
When you don’t need to spend further for a cabana, there are lounge chairs out there all through the park. On busy Saturdays and holidays, lounge chairs might not be available. To safe your belongings, you possibly can hire a locker for the day. Locker prices for the 2022 season vary from $25-$35 relying on measurement.
Rides at Carolina Harbor Waterpark vary from the thrilling just like the Boogie Board Racer — the longest mat-racing water slide within the southeast with its high-thrill 360-degree loop expertise — to the stress-free Coastal Currents Lazy River.
Carolina Harbor Carowinds additionally has two wave swimming pools, a number of extra water slides and a splash park for the little ones, named Kiddy Hawk Cove, to honor the Carolina roots of this park’s location.
Different splash areas embody Pirate’s Touchdown and Seaside Splashworks which has a 423-gallon tipping bucket on high of the construction to drench everybody standing under.
The theming at Carolina Harbor is on par with different nice theme parks. They don’t miss an opportunity to “have fun” the coast or the area’s historical past with pirates. It’s — nearly — as enjoyable to stroll round and benefit from the surroundings as it’s to splash within the wave pool, trip a slide or float on the lazy river.
Doesn’t that waterslide with these indicators simply appear like you’re on the seaside?
Carolina Harbor Waterpark is open weekends beginning Memorial Day weekend every year. In mid-June, as soon as colleges are out for summer season, the Carowinds water park is open each day. Hours differ, and don’t all the time match Carowinds hours.
Tricks to plan your go to to Carolina Harbor Waterpark
The following pointers for visiting Carolina Harbor Waterpark come from Carowinds Annual Move holders, the individuals who know this park nicely! Use these tricks to plan your go to — they’re as near guaranteeing** an amazing day as I can get.
**I can not assure an amazing day OR the climate, however I might help you propose!
Listed here are our tricks to plan your go to to the Carowinds waterpark, in no specific order.
- ADMISSION to Carolina Harbor is included along with your admission to Carowinds! There isn’t any separate charge.
- Carolina Harbor Waterpark hours usually are not the identical as common Carowinds park hours. Typically, the waterpark is open each day throughout summer season from 11 a.m. to six p.m.
- Put on sneakers! Carolina Harbor has concrete walkways, and so they get sizzling throughout summer season. Carowinds annual passholders suggest cheap flip flops (you must take them off on the slides) or cheap, fast dry water sneakers. The benefit of the water sneakers is they are often worn on the tube slides and within the wave swimming pools. You solely must take them off on the physique slides.
- You CANNOT have steel in your swimsuit. Some individuals get tripped up by steel rivets on the again pocket or the place swimsuits have ties stopping them from utilizing the sights. These swim trunks are acceptable at Carolina Harbor — the tie has a buttonhole kind opening, and there are not any rivets on a again pocket. (NOTE: Type would possibly change, and data is correct at time of publishing. Double examine earlier than ordering.)
- STAY HYDRATED! This could be the primary tip given! Many individuals have reported getting sick from dehydration as a result of they didn’t discover they had been dehydrated till it acquired unhealthy. Remember to take many water breaks throughout the day.
- Hire a cabana. Carolina Harbor has cabanas out there for hire on a primary come first served foundation. Normal cabanas embody a desk with an umbrella and 4 chairs, two chaise loungers, a lockable storage field, mini-fridge with complimentary bottles of water, ceiling fan and satellite tv for pc TV. You’ll be able to hire it prematurely on-line or by means of the Carowinds app. In addition to the usual cabanas, there’s a restricted variety of cabanas out there close to the Myrtle Turtle Seashore space (for youthful households). A restricted variety of premium cabanas with resort-style facilities can be out there. When you’re planning to spend the entire day on the water park, this may be an effective way to simplify the day.
- When you don’t need to hire a cabana, there are lounge chairs all through the park. You’ll be able to hire a locker on your pockets and valuables. The price varies primarily based on measurement of the locker, nevertheless it’s one worth for the entire day. **The water park closes earlier than Carowinds “dry rides” do, so make sure you get your issues!
- Keep away from Saturdays for those who can. The park will get very crowded on Saturdays, so for those who can, go one other day. Friday tends to be the second most crowded day.
- Park close to the water park if that’s the explanation you’re going. The “south lot” or “Carolina Harbor Gate” is open when the water park is open. Parking right here saves numerous strolling for those who plan to spend the entire day on the water park. However, for those who plan to go to the common park after the water park closes, you’ll have a protracted stroll to your automotive on the finish of the day. (I hope that made sense! Right here’s a hyperlink to the park map — you’ll see the waterpark parking space on the high left of the map.)
- Get the eating plan! Whether or not you may have a season go or a purchase a ticket for the day, our greatest finances tip is to purchase a eating go. With the each day go, you possibly can eat a meal each 90 minutes all through the day. Many households purchase a couple of eating passes to share amongst their group. Different drink and eating passes can be found — and so they all get monetary savings! Click on right here for present drink and eating offers at Carowinds. Choose meals at each Sharky’s and Harbor Home are included with the eating plan.
Do I want a life jacket at Carowinds water park?
Carolina Harbor Waterpark hires a whole lot of life guards every summer season, and trains them to supply the most secure water park expertise they will. Observe lifeguard guidelines — on your security and pleasure!
The Carowinds water park offers U.S. Coast Guard accepted life jackets freed from cost for all visitors on a primary come-first served foundation. Company might convey their very own life jackets, however solely U.S. Coast Guard accepted life jackets can be utilized within the parks.
If you wish to buy your personal, these are acceptable for Carowinds and Carolina Harbor:
Extra info (for the tremendous planners!)
To study Carowinds Park (the dry rides a part of the park), learn our full evaluation.
To study different Cedar Truthful parks, included for platinum go holders, learn these evaluations: